Military Dictatorship Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Dictatorship Party

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inStandardized Presidential Cabinet Positons IRC_Logo_Color_normal
Welcome to the home of the Military Dictatorship Party of eCanada
The party that gets shit done!
The party for Effective, Efficient & Engaged government
Join us on the rizon server at #MDP. Use the "IRC" link above

Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sasha-jen

Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons Empty
PostSubject: Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons   Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:19 am

Alright, thought it's about time a standard positions of cabinet is made for MDP presidents. This is subject to the dictator/presidential candidate when choosing cabinet comes, but this will be, well, standards.

Taken from the Erep Wiki, taken the most logical positons and discarded all others.

Obvious positions:

- Vice President
-Minister of Defence
-Minister of Finance (I prefer Minister of Economy)
-Minister of Foreign Affairs
-Minister of Internal Affairs (or interior)

Those that may be sub-positions:

-Minister of Immigration under Foreign Affiars- self explainitory
-Minister of Education/information under Internal Affairs- should be self explainitory
-Minister of Justice under Internal Affairs- Executive control of the Judicary
-Congress Speaker under Internal Affiars- with the whip system we have on our congress members, & with the minister of Justuce, we can make it that the Executive appoints the speaker.
Back to top Go down
MaryChan

MaryChan

PostSubject: Re: Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons   Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:06 am

Immigration could easily fall under Foreign Affairs, I don't think they'll need another position for most MoFA. If they really need the help, they can grab another dMoFA and assign the Minister of Immigration to them.

I think in the past we have had Minister of Information, who wrote articles about what's going on, basically like Addy's State of the Union articles. It would be great to have it back, but as Addy showed, the CP can do the job if they choose (and if they have the time).

Overall regarding the positions, I don't think all sub-positions are necessary, but as responsibilities they should be covered under the main positions. It might be better to outline and arrange the main positions based off of roles and responsibilities rather than title explaining the responsibility, since many main ministers cover the sub-minister roles anyway.
For building a cabinet, you'd want to get all those responsibilities covered, so more deputies may be needed to assist the main minister, but depending on the minister and their deputy's activity, it may not be necessary.

Personally I don't like the Executive controls over Congress and Judicial Branches, especially since Congress is designed to be democratic, discussion and disagreement is only natural. For both Judicial and Congress, I feel if the Executive has too much control, then the CP can't be persecuted properly if they do something wrong.
Back to top Go down
sasha-jen

PostSubject: Re: Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons   Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:00 am

so your diagreeing with: how I'm going about sub-postions in cabinet, and the dictatorialness of governement.

Quote :
as responsibilities they should be covered under the main positions. It might be better to outline and arrange the main positions based off of roles and responsibilities rather than title explaining the responsibility, since many main ministers cover the sub-minister roles anyway.

That makes more sense. However I will also explore the effectiveness of maving comittees for these things. Having each Cabinet minister as head of these commitees and cabinet ministers choosing the committee with help from the prime minister (and party dictator, if not the same). the numerous members of these commitees will basically be deputys, role wise. Probably 3 to 5 members of each commitee, includung head mninister.

and I said explore that idea, if it turns out to be non-efficent then I'm glad to know it doesn't work and drop the idea.

Quote :
I don't like the Executive controls over Congress and Judicial Branches, especially since Congress is designed to be democratic, discussion and disagreement is only natural. For both Judicial and Congress, I feel if the Executive has too much control, then the CP can't be persecuted properly if they do something wrong.

The scructure of the party is that the dictator relies on the inner sanctum to get things done. If the dictator does not do things correctly/well enough the the inner sanctum kicks him/her out of the office. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, a party can't do anything without support from its basic members, or they will leave and it will just be the dictator and his single figures Military Council members. Without this support, we can't do nothing. It is the best interests of the dictator to do the right thing and the inner sanctum to have a respectable dictator.

When our dictorial president does something that eCanadians don't like, there's this thing called social rebellion. Where they simply refuse to go by what we offer to participate in. If we do wrong, we can say bye vye to any control, that is why the military council has to make sure the dictator has eCanada's best interests at heart, and the dictator to selct inner sanctum members the same way. So if our presidential dictator ever step over that pretty fine line, they won't be our presidential dictator anymore.

Now, I'm sure you know it is more effective in getting "shit done", to control as much as you can as long as you do it right. Therefore the executuve has to control the other two branches of government.

It will not be, executive controls congress therfore congress does whatever the executive says, and same for the juducary, it is simply the executive appoints the head of these branches of government to garantee effectiveness.

Everythig else you basically agreed with me. This post also answers the one you put in social policy.

I just had a though, the juducary replaced by the military council. Literally just a though that came to mind right now, doesn't actually sound good, but exploration will be done.
Back to top Go down
sasha-jen

PostSubject: Re: Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons   Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:53 pm

To expand on the idea of commitees:

Quote :
Having each Cabinet minister as head of these commitees and cabinet ministers choosing the committee with help from the prime minister (and party dictator, if not the same). the numerous members of these commitees will basically be deputys, role wise. Probably 3 to 5 members of each commitee, including head mninister.

Each member in a committee will be equal to one another, excluding the head of the commitee which would be the cabinet minister. It would br up to the head of the committee on how it runs, whether it is a devolved committee, where responsiblities of the cabinet minister are given to each member of the committee. Or an enirely equal committee where all committee members work on all responsiblities entirely together. Or anywhere in between that the cabinet minister comes up with, thinking it could work better than any other option.

Now to test these committee, at some point members of the Military Council will be ordered to plan how they would create a committee for thier responsiblities within the party. This is somewhat like Kronos VP training scinarios, however we will actually be testing it low-scale within the party, exploring all possible ways of committee organisation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons   Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Standardized Presidential Cabinet Positons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Military Dictatorship Party :: Party Discussion :: policy discussion-
Jump to: